Provide the knowledge required to develop specific cost breakdowns and should-be models to estimate costs, pricing, and key manufacturing metrics for tooling.
During the training you will learn the skills to successfully negotiate direct materials pricing with tool builders. This course provides training, examples and real-life cases based upon knowledge-based price negotiations with suppliers.
Buyers, commodity managers, and purchasing managers
After attending this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the key elements that molding detailed cost breakdown formats need to incorporate to make understanding costs and building should-be models easy
- Build should-be molding cost models based upon supplier detailed cost breakdowns and physical attributes of the production part to be made with the tooling.
- Use physical part attributes of production part and the tooling to build models and to estimate cost, machine tonnage requirements, cycle time and scrap percentages
- Systematically analyze supplier quotes against cost models to identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Develop strategic approaches for negotiations that will lead to better results and more productive relationships.
- Successfully prepare for cost negotiations using should-be cost models.
Download a one page course summary HERE