Provide the knowledge required to develop, analyze and negotiate with supplier detailed cost breakdown quotations.
This course is intended for purchasing teams that want to increase their cost knowledge while effectively negotiating pricing with suppliers. It includes tools for analyzing detailed cost breakdowns from supplier quotes as well as questioning techniques to gain additional cost knowledge from suppliers.
Buyers, commodity managers, and purchasing managers
After attending this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of cost transparency for buyers and suppliers
- Know shop floor accounting methods that suppliers use to develop quotes
- Understand best practices in the development of detailed cost breakdown formats
- Build effective, commodity specific detailed cost breakdowns
- Systematically analyze detailed cost breakdowns from supplier quotes to identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Implement proven approaches for successful price negotiations
- Successfully prepare for cost negotiations using information from detailed cost breakdown
- Plan a strategic approach for specific negotiations that will lead to better results and more productive relationships