Developed for manufacturing purchasing professionals who want to achieve better price negotiation results, this course is focused to improve buyers’ abilities to obtain and negotiate with detailed cost breakdowns.
The skills learned during this seminar deliver the precise knowledge you need with pinpoint accuracy, using tools that can be immediately incorporated in day-to-day work. This course provides training, examples and real-life cases based upon knowledge-based price negotiations with suppliers.
Participants will learn:
- The shop floor costing methods behind suppliers’ detailed cost breakdowns
- How to analyze supplier cost breakdowns to identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Best practices in the design of cost breakdowns
- Proven approaches for successfully negotiating supplier pricing
- Strategies to ensure adoption of cost breakdowns by suppliers
After attending this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply best practices for understanding manufacturing cost structures to determine pricing
- Systematically analyze detailed cost breakdowns from supplier quotes to identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Implement proven approaches for successful price negotiations
- Successfully prepare for initial sourcing cost negotiations
- Plan a strategic approach for specific negotiations that will lead to better results and more productive relationships
In order to assist participants in apply the methods participants receive workbooks containing:
- A quote review checklist that to identify opportunities on quote submissions.
- A cost breakdown benchmark review form that can be used to assess the thoroughness of cost breakdowns.
- Key areas to review for initial sourcing, design changes and economics requests.
- Cost negotiation prep sheets.
Cost is $495 with lunch included