Your goal is to understand what a purchased component should cost before sending an RFQ. The solution is our Building and Using Should-Be Cost Models course.
This training course reveals the benefits of proactive, data-driven cost management and uses real-word cases to help buyers apply this knowledge to their daily negotiations.
Participants understand how to use component design and costing information to build should-be cost models:
- Simple/fast rule-of-thumb models
- Statistically based models developed from aggregating and analyzing supplier detailed cost breakdowns
- Design and attribute models that can be used with or without detailed cost breakdowns from suppliers
- Transparency/open book cost models developed from collecting and analyzing data from supplier shop floors
Participants receive Excel-based take away tools including:
- Rule-of-thumb worksheet
- Statically based cost model
- Regression-based attribute model calculator
- Commodity cost evaluation tool
Attendees receive 8 professional Continuing Education Units.